Sunday, November 2, 2014

Photo Round Up

I just noticed how long it has been since I have posted!

There have been a lot of well publicized rarities in Victoria this year, and among them I have managed to catch up with Hudsonian Godwit (lifer), Upland Sandpiper (new for BC), Little Stint (lifer), Buff-breasted Sandpiper (lifer), and most recently, Blackburnian Warbler (lifer).  I have been spending much of what little birding time I get searching Metchosin, Sooke, and Jordan River, in hopes of a rare bunting or hobby, but have yet to come up with anything.

The Blackburnian Warbler puts me at 297 for Victoria.... three more for that magic 300!  I am continually wrong in guessing what the next one will be, so I am going to let it ride for now and take what comes!

While I continue my searches, I figured I would keep things fresh with some pics from the last couple of months.

Bald Eagles, Tyee Spit, Campbell River

Marbled Godwit, Esquimalt Lagoon

Caspian Terns, Esquimalt Lagoon

Great Blue Heron and lunch, Esquimalt Lagoon

Western Sandpiper, Esquimalt Lagoon

Least Sandpiper, Jordan River

And, in the spirit and celebration of the lesser creatures (bugs n slugs, etc), I headed out with Jeremy G, Janean, Thea, and Liam in search of the near-mythical Blue-Grey Taildropper......  while the little slug did not materialize, we did get Yellow-bordered Taildropper:


And two Red-legged Frogs:


A certain naturalist is definitely turning into a bad influence on me.....

Until the next adventure, good birding and rarity finding!

No comments:

Post a Comment